CAN we be spiritually grounded, love material things and be happy? can we really have it all?
I used to have a hard time with the "idea" that a woman could be spiritual, happy, AND have beautiful "things" in the physical world. I had to set up that someone was either "spiritual" or "material," and there wasn't room for being or having both. I felt like by wanting "more" I was turning my back on the core of who I was, a spiritual being. Even though the desire was from somewhere deep inside, I judged myself as materialistic for wanting a gorgeous home, having lux vacations, and desiring beautiful clothing & jewelry!
What I have come to learn and am integrating is that beautiful pieces, spaces, and goods, when consciously purchased and curated are truly a way to express creativity and beauty in the world. We all know there is no amount of money that can buy happiness, (there are way too many rich & miserable people in the world -- God bless them!!) but the more that we as women embrace all of ourselves and all of our desires, the more we can shine and share our gifts.
Here’s the truth: Money is simply a form of energy. When we women step into our power and build small (or large) businesses, have an empowered relationship with money, and take ownership of our finances (even if you are not the breadwinner of the family)... our energy, our vibration, or outlook and our lives change.
Here are 5 ways to bring more consciousness to your finances:
1. Look at your finances - Regularly. Know what you have in your in your bank accounts. Knowledge is power.
2. Separate your business and personal expenses and create a P&L. Or better yet, hire a bookkeeper to do it for you. Take the time to understand how much your business is making after all of your business expenses (subscriptions, events, trainings, coaching). Top lines are great but the bottom line of what you are taking home is what really matters, and is often overlooked.
3. Take 100% responsibility. If you don’t like your current situation, stop blaming others. Get yourself in the game and be willing to do what it takes to change it. Almost every time we start doing our inner work (beliefs, emotions, thoughts), our outer world begins to change.
4. Take a look at your inner conversations and beliefs around money. Do you have judgements towards people that make a lot of money? What did you parents teach you about money? Do you connect the dots between the Divine (God, Universe, Spirit, etc) and your finances or do you keep them separated? Who are you currently surrounding yourself with and are they supportive or do they bring you down? What do you believe about your own self-worth and your ability to manifest?
5. Find someone safe (a coach, a healer, a dear friend) and start talking about your business, your inner work, your money. It is so important that we release our judgements and limiting beliefs, have more access to our creativity, and have more conscious conversations around money and finances!